Tuesday, September 11, 2007

awol...

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted anything. We were in NC for a week and a half, and when we got back, we hit the whirlwind that is September. School starting, piano lessons starting, book projects, small group, ministry calendars, and our annual end-of-summer picnic kept us all hopping.
Now, a week after we get back, I'm finally able to sit down and show you our pictures. We had a fantastic time, and it was so good to get to see so many people. We usually come at Christmas, which is hectic (as you can imagine), so it was nice to come in the summer when most everyone was around.
We're enjoying being back home, though, despite the flurry of activity. The weather has become invitingly cool, and we're enjoying that every chance we get. Two other momentous changes have occured in my life this week: 1) I strapped on my tennies. Now I have been working out (some) this summer, but mostly in the form of long walks, which I can do in my athletic sandal things. But that is just not the same as a good old sweat-inducing workout at the gym. With school started and people on campus again, I went to an aerobics class. Let me just say, it feels a little strange to be the only bulbous pregnant woman waddling through a workout alongside a roomful of undergrads. And of course there was only room for me in the front row :). But I did it, and I feel better.
The other change: 2) I finally gave in and pulled out my honest-to-goodness maternity clothes. For those of you who are short, you probably can't believe that I made it this long without them. But with bigger shirts, belly bands, and (most importantly) wide hips, you can. But comfort won out this morning, and I'm afraid there won't be much going back until January. You would think a whole tubful of clothes would make a girl excited....but somehow, I'm not :/
Well, I'll post some pictures and quit talking. Have a great day, everyone.

No comments: