Sunday, November 30, 2008

We Love Daddy!

It has been a pretty blissful Thanksgiving weekend at the Whitaker household. Not only did we get to hang out with friends and stuff ourselves full of delicious food, talk all day, and stay late to watch movies, we've also had the whole wonderful weekend to relax and get things done around the house. It has been very cathartic. I even started work on my mega-project: the Advent Calendar Extravaganza (I'm sure you'll hear more about that at some point).

The best part, by far, is having Vance around all weekend long. He's only had to go into the office once, and we've had so much fun! He took Isaac on a french-fry date to the McDonald's playplace, danced with Claire, watched movies with me, and generally had tons of quality time. I came home from the gym on Saturday to this:
Vance and Isaac made their first fort together. It quickly turned into a dragon cave...a dragon cave for a vegetable eating dragon who really loves cabbage, to be exact. Isaac's imagination is really growing :)
It's hard for me to believe that Isaac is old enough to do the kinds of things that I remember doing as a kid. It gets me excited for all the fun things ahead! But mostly, I've been grateful this weekend for a husband who loves his family and gives them his full attention and affection whenever he can.

No comments: