But there are many things that have not changed. I'm so glad that he's still my affectionate boy who gives me lots and lots of cuddles and kisses. I'm so glad he still likes to hold my hand. I'm glad to see him reading the Word with enjoyment and memorizing Scripture with enthusiasm. He's still my passionate, active, perfectionistic, confident leader. He's just growing up.
This year Isaac asked for a Cars cake, which he got. He had eggs and donuts for breakfast, had cupcakes with his class (which excited him to no end), and finished the day out with Granny & Merle's arrival and a dinner of mac n cheese, hot dogs, and broccoli. What a birthday!
I interviewed Isaac this year as well, and here are his (somewhat random, I think) answers:
1. Favorite color - Green
2. Favorite food - macaroni and cheese
3. Favorite dessert - jello
4. Favorite vegetable - cucumbers
5. Favorite fruit - strawberries
6. Favorite friend- Lucas
7. Favorite play activity - playing Star Wars
8. Favorite part of the day - playing with Lucas
9. What do you want to be when you grow up? An athlete, especially a football player
10. What was your favorite part about being 5? Going on visits to see Papa Dan and Noni, Nana and Papa, and going on vacation.
10. What do you like most about turning 6? Working in free centers in Kindergarten
11. What is your favorite Bible story? the Parable of the Sower and the Seeds
12. What things are scary to you? Dragons and giant bugs
13. Who makes you laugh? Papa Dan
14. What is your favorite song? Tutti Frutti
15. What is your favorite book? Curious George goes to the Aquarium
16.What is something that is a challenge for you this year? Fly Swatter math because sometimes I get it, but sometimes I lose.
17. What is something that you're really good at? Science
18. Who do you want to marry when you grow up? I don't know
19. Where do you want to live when you grow up? Oak Ridge, NC, with Nana and Papa
20. What is the most important thing in life to you? Nana and Papa
21. What is something you really love about God? Jesus healing people.
22. Other important things you'd like to add? Saving my money is important, and playing with my toys is important.