Thursday, September 13, 2007

family holdings

One very important event happened when we were down in NC for vacation: I got to see the family cabin. You see, The Cabin is a revered place in Whitaker lore...a century-old retreat near Swansboro that has housed the fishing/vacationing/swimming family for years. It is a family fixture. And yet I, supposedly a sworn-in member of the family for over 3 years now, had never seen it. You can understand why I began to doubt my inclusion in the Whitaker family. Maybe they didn't really see me as one of them. It was an issue of concern. (I'm sure living 22 hours away had nothing to do with it)

But now, at long last, I have been inducted into the secret circle. We took a daytrip from Topsail to see the cabin, and I fell in love with it. It's cute, well-kept (thanks to Dad's hard work), and down-home. I hope I get to spend more time in it someday.
The long-awaited view of the cabin...a thing of beauty and a joy forever.

Isaac with his cousin Seth and aunt Ellen. Isn't the cabin vintage? Fantastic.


Isaac gets a shower after his escapades in the sound...I'm probably not supposed to post pictures like this, but no one's going to tell him in 15 years, now are they?!?


Isaac playing in the sound, where Vance used to swim when he was little


No comments: