Thursday, January 10, 2008

the kitten





These pictures are actually from a week or so ago...she's a pound bigger now, with a little more chunkiness around her face. My sister bought that outfit for her, which is very fitting since she has acquired the nickname, "Kitten". She's just such a gentle and cuddly little person, and her cries for attention, food, or changes are generally pretty gentle.

We're going through the adjustment period now, everyone getting used to this new life with two kids. It's going pretty well, but I won't lie: it has its tough moments. Taking care of Claire is pretty much the easiest thing in the world to me right now. The challenge is walking Isaac through all this. He hasn't been jealous, possessive, or bored with his sister--he's totally in love with her like we are. He wants to be around her and kiss her all the time. But his disobedience/temper tantrums/meltdowns have increased noticeably. That's been tough for me. I keep reminding myself that it's a phase, that consistent discipline and instruction will have their effect in time, and that he's really doing quite well considering the seismic changes in his life right now. But it can be tough for me to be patient with him. Vance has been such a huge help through all this for me, and I'm so grateful for him.

Speaking of my honey, we get to go on our first post-baby date tonight! Hooray for us! :)

No comments: