Monday, September 27, 2010

Welcome, little Girl!

Eve Lynn Whitaker
8 lbs, 5 oz, 21"
born 3:28 am, September 27, 2010
I'll have some better pictures when we get home (I forgot to bring my card reader to the hospital), but Evie is here, safe and sound and beautiful! I finally decided to take castor oil and kick this labor into gear if I could (since I was scheduled to be induced Tuesday). Much to my surprise, it worked!
Regular contractions started around 10:30pm, we got checked in to the hospital around 12:30. I was so shocked to discover that I was already 8 cm! My midwife broke my water to get my contractions going stronger, but I hung out at 8cm until 3am. She mentioned the word "pitocin" at that point, but I said I just wanted to rest. Did that for 20 minutes, and suddenly it was time to go! It was by FAR my easiest labor, but pushing is still horrible. :) Fortunately it only took 4 pushes for her to arrive into the world.
She looks just like Isaac, except 1lb heavier and blonde, and I think she takes after Vance's mom's side of the family. The "big kids" are totally in love. They both held her almost constantly when the came to visit: Isaac showered her with sweet kisses, and Claire immediately took charge as the little mamma. I think they're going to do great... :)
More on her name later, but we are healthy, happy, and so grateful to have a sweet, healthy baby girl in our arms. God is so overwhelmingly kind.

3 comments:

Ivy Mom said...

She's a beauty! Congratulations. AND I love her name. Just beautiful. God is good :)

juillet said...

Congratulations! What a cute little baby girl!

Becca said...

She is beautiful, for sure. And you and Vance look perfectly happy too! Your labor sounds similar to mine with Esther (minus the castor oil part). A blessing to have uncomplicated labors.

May God bless your whole family as you adjust. Can't wait to hear more!