Sunday, November 07, 2010

Eureka Springs

On Saturday we checked out a botanical garden close to our house--and I'm so glad we did. I've never really thought of Florida as a beautiful place (except the beaches of course, which are breathtaking). It's easy to see the interior of Florida as just an overgrown jungle of weeds. But walking on the boardwalk through the bald cypress swamps and landscapes of native plants reminded me that there IS a lot of beauty here. I don't know exactly why I found it so comforting. I guess I just love to be somewhere where I can enjoy being outdoors.
We all had fun. Claire got a little tired, but she stuck with it. Isaac embarked on one trail, saying, "Do you think there are wolves and bears in here?" Pretty sure he was pretending to be Pa from Little House on the Prairie.
Claire also insisted on holding Isaac's hand during most of the hike.
What cheeseballs.

Such a fun little outing. And amazingly enough, we still got some stuff done during the remainder of the day. We organized the disaster zone that was the garage. We balanced the monthly budget. I tried my hand at Julia Child's hollandaise sauce, and we had Eggs Benedict for dinner. We built the first fire in the fireplace. It was a lovely day.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: