Monday, August 08, 2011

Landscaping

Have you heard the saying, "The cobbler's wife has no shoes, and the doctor's wife dies young"? I like to add, "and the landscaper's wife has no yard." (However, my friends have called me out on that one, because the breeder's wife does indeed have strawberries :).

We took a step in the right direction on Saturday. Vance felt well enough to make a Home Depot run on Saturday, and he came back with about 10 foundation plants. Isaac could not wait, and since Vance wasn't feeling the best, he took an advisory role and let his wife do the actual installation. He acted all surprised to see me shoveling--I reminded him that I am also proficient with a pickaxe. So watch out, all you people.

Isaac was in charge of fertilizing and spreading mulch. Vance was in charge of critiquing. I was in charge of the gruntwork. Eve was in charge of soil sampling. We all had fun!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Joy said...

No yard? I seem to remember fresh grapefruit and orange trees, palm trees, and crazy exotic hanging plant that we didn't even know what it was!

Terri, you are amazing. Love you!