Friday, December 05, 2008

two years today...

I have been reading from Mom's Bible today. It has been, like most things today, bittersweet. Here are some of the passages I've been meditating on today, with the notes/italics/emphases from Mom:


Cast your burden upon the Lord, and He will sustain you;
He will never allow the righteous to be shaken . . .
But I will trust in Thee
- Ps 55:22-23


When I am afraid,
I will put my trust in Thee.
In God, whose word I praise,
In God I have put my trust;
I shall not be afraid. (fighting to get eyes off circumstances & deliberately putting trust in God)

Thou has taken account of my wanderings; (God sees all!)
Put my tears in Thy bottle;
Are they not in Thy book?
- Ps 56:3-4, 8


Be gracious to me, O God, be gracious to me,
For my soul takes refuge in Thee (God is the only sure refuge!)
And in the shadow of Thy wings I will take refuge,
Until destruction passes by.
- Ps. 57: 1-2

4 comments:

Ellen said...

I didn't remember what today was immediately, dear sister. But I do now. I'll be praying for you. I love you.

Suzanne said...

I'm so sorry, Terri! I know it's still difficult! I promise it does get easier. I'm praying for you.

SMS said...

Thinking of you tonight sweet Terri. Much love to you.

Robert J. Nash said...

God bless you Terri! Grace to you as you pass on such a great heritage to your beautiful daughter that you received from your wonderful and gifted mom. Praying for you.
Katie