Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Early Austen Fan?

Isaac has always liked to read, but lately his repertoire has become a little more sophisticated. Last week, "Runaway Bunny" and "Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You See?" were his top picks. This week, it's Persuasion. I think he wants to join my book club.

Occasionally, when he's playing by himself, I'll sit by him and read my book. This usually doesn't last for more than a few minutes, but I get a little reading in. Now, however, he'll come up to me, say, "please," and take whatever book I'm reading. He then heads for the recliner, and proceeds to gaze intently at the book for several minutes. I wonder if he thinks he's getting as much out of it as I am. :)

And for those of you who are wondering if Isaac has good taste or not, I would definitely recommend Persuasion. I don't like all of Austen's novels, but Persuasion probably comes second to Pride & Prejudice, in my opinion.



1 comment:

SMS said...

Love the footy PJs :) So cute!