Thursday, August 20, 2009

House Tour, Part the Second

Our room, complete with a (very small) walk in closet and a bathroom! The pile of boxes in this corner is all long-sleeved clothing, which I am not motivated to unpack in this sweltering heat. Have I mentioned that it is hot? It is. Very.
The kids' room, still awaiting a real bed for Isaac. I've delayed on getting a big bed until we have a big car to haul it around in, but as yet we are still getting by with one car. Claire is demonstrating the proper use of a bed.
We were going to give each kid their own room, but since they sleep so well together, it seemed a bit silly. They're sharing a room still, and it's just fine.
Having them share a room leaves the third bedroom open as the playroom/Vance's office/guest room/Isaac's nap room/multipurpose room. I can tell that Isaac really likes having a designated space for his stuff...the first day he kept retreating in that room to play by himself.

I'll post pictures of the boys mowing the yard soon--that's Isaac's current favority hobby--as well as Claire as Davy Crockett. Exciting times around here, let me tell you!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Ellen said...

Looks great, Terri! Wow, your kitchen is HUGE! I know you're enjoying having space to move around. The best part has to be the washer and dryer in the house, though. I still smile sometimes in enjoyment over that here, and we've been out of an apartment for 2 years now.

SMS said...

Agreed! The place looks wonderful!!! Must be so nice to be in a larger space :) The washer dryer thing is just so incredible - sometimes I still just open the laundry closet and stare at it while it churns away.

Becca said...

Nice pad, Terri! It looks so spacious, especially when I was used to seeing all that same stuff edge to edge next to each other. A play room, lots of counter space, and you already look like everything has a place. I'm so impressed!

Alicia said...

Thanks for the tour! It's so fun seeing all your stuff in a new place! ahh more space!

Jessica said...

Glad you are getting settled Terri. Your house looks very spacious and bright! We're praying for you!