Monday, October 08, 2007

crazy weather

We have been having some craaazy weather here in Minneapolis...for the last few days it has been as hot as blazes and we've been wishing for our a/c that we had already put away for the year. Today is cold and we are back to our wet and rainy weather. All I can think about is making a nice big pot of soup and cuddling up with a mug of tea.

Yesterday, however, we all fled outside to beat the heat, and I was so grateful that it was Sunday and I didn't have to cook. Our new tradition is to have popcorn and smoothies for dinner on Sundays (well, the popcorn is a well-loved tradition on both sides of the family, the smoothies are our own addition), so I didn't spend long in the kitchen. I'm trying to enjoy these last few times that we can eat outside and send Isaac to play in his skivvies...I know the cold is coming....
Isaac loves being a big boy, and last night we let him eat with us, sans high chair. He thinks he is the stuff when he gets that privelige.


1 comment:

Jenn said...

Okay, English girlie, check out how you spelled privilege (am I even spelling it right!!) :)