Friday, February 29, 2008

2 months

For all the fans who are just dying to know how Claire is stacking up next to the average baby (I know you're out there!), I'm back from the doctor's office with her stats. Even Vance underestimated what a chunker she is. Weighing in at 12 lbs, 13 oz, Claire is in the 91% for weight. Can you imagine!? Isaac has never ever been in those percentiles, so it was a bit of a shock to me. I guess she'd better enjoy it....babyhood is the only time those fat rolls are considered healthy :)

She's long, too, at 23" and in the 70%, but that was more to be expected. The doctor said she's happy, healthy, and beautiful. Even glancing at her paperwork made me grateful today: seeing "Well Child Checkup" on the table makes me praise God that I have such a healthy family.

Another thing to rejoice in...freezing temperatures! Yay for 32! No jackets today (well, the little ones did, but I was at least free), and Isaac was playing in the puddles in the street. You'd think it was 60 degrees to look at us. But we're determined to enjoy what we have.

Well, I have finances to do this afternoon, and finish up with dinner and bread-baking. We're going to the Little Sweeties dance at Zack's school. Never having been to a preschool dance before, I'm not exactly sure what to expect, but it will probably be wilder and crazier than most proms :)

1 comment:

Ellen said...

You must take pictures at the dance. If you don't, I'll never forgive you. Never.

Your exasperating sister-in-law

P.S. Hey, where are the pictures of my Cabbage Patch niece? Does she have arm dimples? =)