Sunday, March 09, 2008

cancelled

A few pictures from my week of isolation...Isaac got sick last Sunday, and Vance went down soon after. I, thankfully, had been sick two weeks before, so I was able to rock, cuddle, wipe noses, and generally keep things going in the midst of all the tired, feverish people I was living with. If it was the flu, it was a pretty mild version. Nonetheless, with everything on my schedule for the week suddenly nixed, I was starting to feel cooped up. Preschool? Cancel. Playdate? Cancel. Piano lessons? Date with Vance? Small Group? Cancel, cancel, cancel.

Claire got a fever last night, so I spent most of the night up with her, too concerned to leave her by herself. Fevers are kind of scary in such a little body. She's better today, though.

I did get to get my hair cut on Saturday...my social event for the week, since I went with a friend :). All in all, it could have been a lot worse, but I'm grateful for what looks like warmer temps this week, and maybe some normal activities!

two tired boys...
...but not for long! :)

This picture needs some explanation. Isaac was adamant about wearing that too-small fishing hat. He was also exhausted, and was nodding off sitting at the lunch table. Too funny not to document. :)

No comments: