Thursday, March 13, 2008

miscellany

Blogger isn't letting me post pictures right now, so I'll have to come back and put some new Claire pictures up. We're all still enjoying the warm sunny weather while it lasts, although it's supposed to snow again next week. It's been amazing to see grass again. I had forgotten what the landscape looked like without a covering of snow.

I'm just getting into my next book, so I've been able to spend more time cleaning and organizing around here as well. I'm working on a menu master list to make meal planning easier, and finding recipes faster as well. I spend too much time trying to remember where a certain recipe is. I'm about halfway through with organizing my cooking magazines. It feels good to have a clean(er) house and feel like I'm making some headway with long-term projects.

But I have to say, the extra reading time is a big perk of nursing for me. Since Claire has been born, I've gotten to read Bleak House (Dickens), The Chosen (Potok), the Harry Potter series(can't believe I didn't read it earlier), Humility (Mahaney), and The Enemy Within (Lundgaard). I'm working on Alcorn's Heaven and Piper's When I Don't Desire God right now. Both slower reads, but very good. Then I'm re-reading To Kill A Mockingbird for book club. I haven't read this much in a long time, and it's kind of a thrill for this book junkie. I'm slowing down now, though, since Claire is nursing faster and less frequently.

Well, back to organizing. Pictures to come soon....

No comments: